Friday 31 August 2007

The race against time.

I have already written about the time frame I am thinking about but what I am worried about is not being able to get it all done in time. I am an impulsive bugger in an anti -impulsive environment and it is stifling me. I have Cambodia in my sights and I know that the country like any other(maybe more than many others ) is changing, this does not have to be negative, I do however worry that the Cambodia I know will have changed into something elseby the time I get there. My brain tells me that this will not happen but as I said I am an impulsive bugger by nature and this does concern me. The excitement I remember from the streets of the capital years ago charged me with adrenaline and it was at least partly this which started my infatuation with the country, will this still be there by the time I can move? I hear there is a shopping mall now, there are ATM 's, will the radar eventually reach here too.
Which radar do you mean I hear you ask, the radar I am intending to drop under, I want to become the invisible man and start the next period of my life in glorious anonymity on the streets of a slighty dilapidated asian capital. There can be no Macdonalds in my immediate future although Lucky Burger I can put up with, there must be no Pizza Hut but happy herbs gives another, more bizarre twist to it. There will be no more than four people from my former life who will know where I will be living and this may sound like a mid-life crisis/socially phobic reaction but this could not be further from the truth. I am a very social man who could not live without other people around me, I am just totally done with Europe and I need new challenges. I am not so much planning for a move as a re-birth.

Lucien

No comments: